Sunday, August 7, 2011
(my apartment, ikea bookcases)
(interior designer michael bargo's apt in domino magazine. ikea dining table)
My feeling about Ikea is that 92% of it is crap, but the remaining 8% is great. When people say they're 'too old' for or 'above' Ikea I think it's a little silly. I see their products in beautiful designed spaces all the time.
The bottom line is setting up an apartment can cost a lot of money and the best way to get a beautiful and affordable result (even when you understand that 'affordable' is a relative term), is to do a careful mix of high and low end pieces. As a renter for over 10 years, I chose to spend money on accent furniture and decorative things, things that I've been able to take with me and successfully use in each space.
Do you have Ikea pieces in your home?