Thursday, July 30, 2009

Feng Shui?


Someone asked me today if I practice Feng Shui. While I don't, I do believe that all things have energy and that all things, like people, just want to be loved, used and respected. When you respect your things by using and storing them properly, being gentle with them, and taking care of them, they show that respect back by staying in good condition and functioning when you need them to.

You know how great it feels when you do a major clearing out and cleaning of your home, that's because when your home is filled with things that you do not love, use or respect, those things emit a negative energy that can change the energy of your entire space, effecting you in ways you may not even realize.

And the things you do use but don't respect can be just as bad. A client was telling me about the refrigerator she's had for years and hated since day one. She told me how all the shelves inside cracked, the ice maker didn't work and the outside was rusted. I told her my energy theory and at first she gave me a funny look and then I asked her if she treated her husband like she treated the fridge, how we he respond? Now she gets it and has a new found respect for her poor fridge that while battered and bruised, still works pretty darn well.

No comments: