Sunday, February 15, 2009

Have I Not Mentioned This Already?


Have I not said that you should separate out the seasons in your clothes closet??
This is the no-brainer of closet organization. Some of your wardrobe may be considered all year round but the rest should be sorted into spring/summer and fall/winter (including your shoes) and stored away for the off-season for the following reasons:
  • gives you more room to store the clothes you currently wear
  • allows you to see all of what you can wear now, keeping you from being distracted by what you cannot
  • forces you to handle all your clothes, reacquainting you with what you have and what you should purge
  • did I mention it gives you more room in your closet??

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Eeek. You are scarily good at what you suggest! Seasons. Duh! Why didn't I do that, already ...

CGdesigngirl said...

I started out on my own in a city that has weird seasons (San Fran), so I still can't 'put away' winter clothes. Maybe I can separate them a little...

laura said...

CGdesigngirl: here in nyc it's easy with the seasons. but if you wear all your stuff all year round then there really is no reason to put anything away, but you could at least sort like things together like heavier sweaters or tank tops.

Marie Lee Carter said...

90% of my clothes are all season types (tropical wool, thin cottons, feather merinos, etc). The few items that I have that are summer specific go to the back of the 1 (!) walk in closet that hubbie, son and I share (yeah, crazy). I get one whole side to myself, and, somehow, it is just enough space. I also have a wicker trunk that I put summer sweaters and tops in during cold months and thicker sweaters in the winter