(First day in present apartment)
I'm very happy to say I'll be moving at the end of the month AND my birthday is in three weeks so I am doubly excited. The year in this apartment was a bit rough so I have a real desire to clear out as much as possible to help me start the new year fresh, focused and healthy.
I'm moving myself (with the help of my friend Rob) and don't want to carry any more than I have to. But even if I hired someone, why would I pay to move stuff I don't love and use? Since I don't have much to begin with, people have asked what I could possibly be going through:
- Clothes: I haven't done a major edit of my wardrobe for a few years now (since I am very conscious of what I buy) so it's time. I'm selling a number of things on ebay, other things like sweaters and t-shirts have been downgraded to pajamas, the rest are being donated.
- Socks, bras, underwear: I normally buy some new sets to replace anything that needs it for my birthday. What better gift for yourself?
- Books: The ones I'm ready to admit I'll never finish reading are going to Housing Works Bookstore Cafe in soho.
- Paperwork: I cleared out last month when I prepared my taxes.
- Change: Seriously! I have a few bottles full that I have counted up and deposited in the bank. It has to be done sometime and I'd rather only carry it out once.
- And the rest of the things I haven't used for the year I lived here and will admittedly never will.