- installed 4 of the 5 shelves on back wall (cost: existing shelves $0, brackets $5, installation $30)
- put in new bath mats (cost: $20)
- installed towel, robe and misc hooks (cost: $12)
TO BE DONE
- install remaining shelf
- get curtain for shower stall
- repaint back wall; dark grey??
- repaint rest of walls white; there's a red hue now
- install mirror across from medicine cabinet
- replace medicine cabinet
When decorating I only like to do what is absolutely necessary, not only to save money, but time and energy. Normally I'd just leave the medicine cabinet but it's ugly and in bad shape; outside looks like it's been chewed and there's water damage on the inside. Since the vanity has plenty of storage room, I figured it would be less expensive to replace it with a mirror not another cabinet. Also I'll have better luck reusing a mirror than a cabinet if I move again. I picked up this one today from Yesterday's News for $45. I plan on painting it either high gloss white or an accent color like turquoise... still deciding.