Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Personal Favorite Buys


I wanted to share with you a few of the first things I purchased when I moved out on my own 10 years ago that have stayed with me til this day:

10 Piece Glass Bowl Set (similar to shown)
I love these bowls. Simple yet beautiful and so many sizes you cannot run out of uses for them. Used for prep; to hold pre-measured ingredients, serving; from my morning cereal, to chips and dip, and storage; a nice way to keep eggs, fruit and or nuts in the fridge.


Sooo much better than plastic containers, these can be used in the microwave and the fridge.


Canvas Storage Boxes (similar to shown)
I have yet to get a dresser (did you notice that in this or this previous apt tour?), the small boxes are perfect for bras and underwear and the large boxes (not shown) for off season clothes.

5 comments:

sparklerawk said...

The "10-piece" Pyrex thing irks me. It's technically 5 pieces, but apparently the lids are amazing enough to be considered individual pieces. :/

But regardless, I'm planning on buying some in the near future. The Ikea plastic containers I have need to go... but I might keep the tiny ones, those can be useful.

laura said...

are you sure?? the set i have is nine pieces four rectangular and five round. i just figured since i purchased them so long ago they changed the set...
that is pretty silly and misleading!!

i often reuse client's plastic tupperware in other areas of the house; bathroom storage, office supplies, jewelry, screws...

Clare said...

I used to have that set of mixing bowls. I loved them, so handy. I should get another set.

If they had lids they'd be the best bowls ever.

Jajababy said...

Ahhh, I love your storage options! Your organization skills are so chic!

laura said...

thanks jajababy :)