Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cash In Your Loose Change

Ok, so this isn't the most exciting post, but it's a helpful one. A lot of banks do not take rolled coins, why I do not know and the ones that do only take them if you have an account and you must write your account number clearly on each roll. But seriously, who has time for rolling coins?

TD Bank has Penny Arcades (a machine that counts it for you) in most of their branches. If you have an account there, you can use it for no charge, if you do not, they take a 6% off. Click here to find a location near you. There are a number of locations here in NYC.

Coinstar machines are at a ton of grocery stores. Click here to find a locations near you.

5 comments:

Cristina said...

I love Coinstar! I actually cash my change in for the iTunes gift-card because they don't charge you a fee for that. It's a nice little treat for saving up my moolag!

laura said...

that's awesome. didn't know that was an option, thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I always choose the gift card option at Coinstar! (I usually get an Amazon.com certificate.) They also have charity options if you choose to donate your change.

sunny said...

i use coinstar all the time! but if I can get to my bank during banking hours, then I just take my bag o' coins there..and since I have an account there, I just ask them to run the money through their coin counting machine. then I deposit it into savings. when I use coinstar, it's for a treat like starbucks or amazon. I love that coinstar doesn't charge a fee if use the giftcard option!

Raena said...

Wow, Coinstar does that now? Very cool! We cash our coins in at Capital One who also have coin counting machines. We are saving coins so we'll have spending cash when we finally get to Italy.