Thursday, January 21, 2010

Apartment Progress... Coffee Table Inspiration



Since I don't have the cash to purchase the last few pieces I'd like for the apartment (sofa and chairs), I've been focusing what I can do to finish the space. Quick note on what I mean by finishing; I'm not looking to make the space perfect. I don't know how long I'll be here (hopefully for while) but I'd like to get it to the point where I'm happy and am comfortable having small parties.

My main focus is spending the least amount of money on each project so if I find a chair or lamp I love, I don't feel bad spending $$$. Because of this, I've decided to make what I can including a bed (the Malm Bed I had in the last place didn't fit here so I had to sell it), and a coffee/dining table. The bed is going to be a simple platform bed without a foot or headboard. Pics to come soon!

The table above is the inspiration for the coffee/dining table. I want it a bit higher than a coffee table (12-18") but a little lower than dining table (30") so I can comfortably eat there, but still keep it a more lounge-y feel. Will keep you posted on how I make it....

I'm sorry I don't know the source of the photo. I've cropped out the rest of the room, but if anyone knows who's photo or design this is, please let me know.

No comments: