Sunday, January 31, 2010

Reader's Questions: Organizing for Renters on a Budget



Aiisa asks "What do you tell people when they need to find homes for things, on a super budget and know they will not remain forever in their current apt?"

One of the main reasons I started this blog was to show that the best way to get and stay organized is not by spending a ton of money on specialty 'organizing products', but by changing the way you see your things and how you use them. I believe you should only take things into your life that enable you live the life you want to live.

The other reason of starting the blog is that people tend to overcomplicate things, so I'm trying to show that like most things, when you simply your thinking of organizing, you usually end up with the best results.

My process is to goal set, edit and sort, then figure storage for a reason. Most people have a lot of things that can be repurposed to store what's left after editing. I live on a budget as do most of my clients, and even those with money don't want to spend it so I only specify products that I feel will make a real impact. I should also mention that most of my client's are renters.

Here are a few examples of what I mean:

1 comment:

aiisa g said...

great suggestions and things to keep in mind