(look how nice your closet can look when you clear out the unwanted
and unloved stuff you've been holding on to...)
Your old, broken electronics can and should be recycled.
But your newer things can and should be passed along to someone who can give it a new life:
- NY Mag did this quick article on where to bring your A/C, TV, computers and other things.
- NYC Stuff Exchange helps you find someone who wants your unwanted items.
- Laptop.org is taking laptops for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation takes only new electronics and computers.
- Contact your local Police Department to donate cell phones for re-use at domestic violence centers.