Friday, August 20, 2010

Affordable Art My Way




As many of you reading, I don't have unlimited funds. Accepting this, I've taken the time to determine what's important to me and what I prefer to spend my money on (which is my wardrobe for those of you who couldn't tell). While I know there's affordable art out there, it's just not a priority for me right now so I've been making my own.

For the bathroom, I hung frames I already owned without anything in them until I figured what I wanted visually. For the large frame I thought something simple, graphic, and black + white, so I purchased a piece of fabric that I cut to fit. For the white frame, I wanted a bit of color, so I pulled a page out of a small art book I had, "Testing" by the artist Jaq Chartier.

COST
striped fabric: 1 yd $8
metal frame: existing $0
art book: given to me by a client $0
small white frame: existing $0
------------------------------
total cost: $8
loving my bathroom: priceless!

1 comment:

Clare said...

It looks fantastic.