Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Move... Making Decisions: Home office



You know I like to keep things as simple as possible, and that includes my decision making process. I'm reusing my desk in the alcove but thought I may cut it and/or make it a drop-down to keep the space from feeling cramped. Not sure, I installed it so I can live with it for a while to see how it works in the space. I'm still tinkering with the placement of things (like the printer below) and would rather take my time to figure what will be best for the space instead of making a rushed decision just to have 'it done'.

One thing I have decided is I'm making a large cork board using the remnant of the piece of wood I'm using to make the bed frame. It's going to fit perfectly on the wall behind the computer. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Kimi said...

That looks really nice. I really like your chair.

sari said...

Can I ask you where you got your three baskets in this picture? I've been looking everywhere for something like that. I love your work and your aesthetic, btw!

laura said...

kim and sari: thanks so much!

sari: if you're in the nyc area, i'm selling the baskets! fell free to email me directly if you like at lauracatt@gmail.com. otherwise, i may have purchased them at Hold Everything but have seen them online in different versions but nothing this big.
they are called pandan boxes:

http://www.organize.com/largeround.html