Monday, June 22, 2009

Apartment Progress







I wanted to share with you the state of the my new place. I love the way the carpet tiles look as an area rug. I still need the wood to make the bed, a dining table, a small sofa/loveseat, and window treatments. 

I saw a vintage NYC garbage can similar to these, that would be great to use as the base of the dining table, but don't think it will work with the wire chairs I have. I love the idea so I may just sell the chairs... 

For the windows I'm thinking of the ivory wood blinds from Ikea. Not only do I think they look fantastic but they'll give me the privacy I need (there's a bldg directly behind me) but still allow me to enjoy all the natural light which is one of my favorite things about this place. I'm also considering using the silk curtains I have but since I only have two single width and one double, I'd have one on each end of the wall, with or without the double width in the middle.

I'll keep you posted as I make more process!

6 comments:

sunnysblog@gmail.com said...

I love all the photos..but especially the third one down. The bedroom area looks so peaceful, and look at all that natural light!

Beautiful.

When you have new posts, it makes my day.

sparklerawk said...

Ooooh, it looks so nice! I'm curious to see the other side of your apt too. I know you don't cook much, but I love seeing other people's kitchens. :)

And your bed looks so comfy! Like a little cloud floating in the room. Is it on a bed frame or just a boxspring on the floor?

laura said...

labeck: so glad to hear! thanks so much :)

as for the kitchen, i still need to paint the wall behind it so there's not much to look at now. when i do paint, i'll show it as well as all the insides of the cabinets.

the bed is just the mattress on the floor, not even a boxspring. i'm going to make a platform for it... soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the progress of the new place. It's great to see how you've reused pieces from your homes featured on AT. I never would've thought to put the clock in the bed/office area. It shows how cohesive your serene style is.

One question: do you have a source for the silk curtains?

laura said...

the curtains are the Ivory Dupioni Silk from Pottery Barn:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p622/index.cfm?pkey=csilk%2Ddrapes%2Dshades

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful already - I also love how you manage to reuse things from former apts. (Your apt tours are probably my favorite on apt therapy!) Good luck & look forward to hearing more on your progress!